With the staggering statistics of annual car accidents around the world on the rise, many automakers have doubled down on their commitment to roadway safety with intelligent driver assistance suites and other advanced safety technology. Honda has always been a leader in automotive technology with advanced safety engineering, and their Honda Sensing® safety suite takes things a step further with smart safety features that are now standard on nearly every Honda vehicle.
A World Without Car Accidents
Is a world without automotive collisions possible? Honda believes it can be. That’s why they’ve developed a revolutionary safety suite to help keep you safer on the roads than ever. It’s also why they haven’t stopped here – Honda continues to develop even more safety technologies to help realize a world without car accidents.
The Honda Sensing safety suite offers five standard features that come on nearly every 2020 Honda vehicle:
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Honda’s adaptive cruise control allows drivers to set a desired speed and also maintain a desired following interval to a vehicle detected ahead even in daily traffic.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system is powered by a radar transmitter and a forward-facing camera and works to detect and alert the driver to potential collisions. If needed, the system will also brake with force to help reduce the impact of a collision. On some models the front seatbelt will be tightened.
- Forward Collision Warning – Honda’s forward-collision warnings help keep drivers attentive to the road ahead and works to detect potential hazards in front of the vehicle.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Using the forward-facing camera, the lane-keeping system helps keep you centered in the lane and applies light steering assistance if necessary to re-center the vehicle.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – When the system senses that the vehicle is about to leave the road or lane marked by solid lines, it warns the driver with visual and audible cues, and on some models, it will also tug on the front seat belt.
You might also like: Who Has The Best Taco In Town?
Feel Safe In A New Honda
If you’re looking to upgrade your safety on the roads in a new Honda vehicle, we have just what you need. Browse our complete inventory online, then contact us when you’ve found the safe, reliable Honda for you and we’ll help you make it yours.